Christchurch Girls' High School has always believed in a holistic approach to education. Academic progress must be balanced with the development of the whole person. We want our students to embrace excellence in everything they do. To achieve this the school:
- focuses on student achievement and learning
- encourages teacher-student partnerships focused on learning
- nurtures and sustains a school culture that embraces tradition, innovation and excellence
- provides an extensive pastoral network that supports and monitors the individual.
At Christchurch Girls' High School we believe:
- all students have a right to the best possible educational experience
- all students have the capacity to learn
- learning is an active rather than a passive process. Students must be engaged in the classroom
- learning takes place when individuals are able to build on existing knowledge, make sense of the new experience and feel connected
- students own their learning
- technology is an important tool which should be integrated into curriculum and learning
- teaching is about helping young people become better learners
- high quality teaching assists all students to learn and make progress
- it is important that teachers use a variety of teaching strategies and focus on higher order thinking.